There are many sources of discomforts that tourists may have to face:
- Lack of cleanliness: in the accommodation, transport facilities, restaurants, streets, tourist sites, urban and natural landscape, etc.
- Lack of proper services and infrastructure: uncomfortable transportation means, poor comfort of the accommodation, poor variety and quality of food & beverage, etc.
- Adverse weather & air conditions: temperature, wind, humidity, rain, air pollution, etc.
- Bureaucratic procedures: visas, money exchange, special permits, etc.
- Cultural differences: different schedules, language barrier, different values, food, having to dress in a certain way, etc.
There are also many types of issues that create insecurities in the tourists:
- Safety: Lack of proper safety standards in services and infrastructure, lack of street security (vandalism, terrorism, pickpockets, etc.), meteorological threats, etc.
- Health: lack of emergency & medical services, threat of contagious illnesses, etc.
- Information: lack of information about the destination, language barriers, lack of proper signage, lack of price transparency, etc.
- Service quality: possibility of luggage lost or late arrival, transport delays, etc.
- Uncontrollable risks: weather conditions impeding the planned activity, etc.
Do you think of other risks of discomforts that might need to be reduced or managed?