The implementation of the new marketing system is to require some new hires to execute the new marketing activities. The key new hires needed to implement the Plan are the following:
- Managing editor: experienced professional capable of developing a content strategy, marshaling and managing all the resources necessary to execute it and measure its success. He or she should possess a combination of deep editorial and project management expertise as well as a firm grasp of online marketing. He or she is responsible for overseeing and optimizing the destination content creation and distribution, as well as ensuring the quality and timely publication of all content.
- Professional content creators: either as permanent employees or freelancers it is highly recommendable to have a pool of professional writers and video editors to create content during the initial period of the content system development, until there’s already a significant pool of trained contributors who bring in sufficient content on a regular basis. They would be in charge of researching existing stories and creating the first series of content in different formats.
- Social media manager: a key permanent position is that of the person who has to implement the social media strategy and tactics, managing content distribution through the website, blog and social media platform pages and accounts, and tracking the results of all social media related activities. As the new marketing system develops, more social media platforms are used and more activities are carried out through these platforms it is likely to be necessary to expand the social media team.
- Community manager: to be in charge of implementing the network engagement and development strategy in the online platforms, building and managing the stakeholders’ online communities, working with industry influencers to help create and promote content. There should be a growing team of community managers as long as the stakeholder community grows and more target profiles are incorporated. Should have both social media and public relations skills.
- Product managers: the new product lines –both tourism and merchandise products- require their correspondent managers. These are to be in charge of all the product cycle: from the product design in the contests and workshops till their market launch and performance monitoring. They should be capable of organizing and leading the aforementioned events, training participants, selecting and developing the presented ideas to create a viable product, and then manage and improve.
Other positions such as Trade marketing, booking manager, etc. will also be necessary.
What other relevant positions would you consider?