In improving and developing new products, Marketing 3.0 introduces cooperative contribution from stakeholders through co-creation. The tactics’ challenge is therefore to stimulate and facilitate contribution, and to educate in new co-creation methods. There is a huge potential in leveraging the stakeholders’ collective intelligence. Some of these could be:
- Contests are key activities not only to create stories, but also to create graphic designs for merchandise products and life-changing experiences to be developed as tourism products.
- Workshops are the best way to train contributors on how to develop product through co-creation. It is also a way to foster networking and collaboration among contributors.
- Creative reviews consist of encouraging tourists not only to give a review of their experience but also to bring in ideas on how this could be improved, rewarding the most creative and useful ones.
- Survey on site to evaluate the tourists’ satisfaction, complaints and ideas for improvement. This could be a way to identify and recruit creative contributors for the open innovation system.
- Benchmarking is a very effective way to learn the best practices and get new ideas. This may be done through the internet, or on site when searching for richer information.
What other tactics would you consider?