In accordance with the social media strategy, there are many tactics that may help us improving the marketing results. In this point, social media platforms evolve quite rapidly, hence paving the way for innovative tactics. Some of these could be:
- Sweepstakes do not bring in ideas like contests but are a valuable source of followers and data. Unlike in contests, the winners are chosen at random. Offer many prizes to generate more leads.
- Encourage fan photos, comment on them and make fan engagement a central component of your social media presence.
- Facebook places is a way of letting users “check in” to venues or places in a way that let their friends know where they are, hence improving the destination exposure among their network.
- Pinterest boards are a great place to showcase the merchandise products and redirect the user to the online store. Also to upload videos and redirect the user to the booking platform.
- Enable video upload within the destination’s mobile App to let tourist contribute with their best videos on the destination’s experiences. This could be driven by a permanent contest, where the videos may be watched and voted through the App, letting viewers leave their creative reviews.
What other tactics would you consider?