In accordance with the content strategy, there are many tactics that may bring good results. As with all tactics, creativity and innovation are a must to keep streamlining the marketing system. Some of these could be:
- Create innovative storytelling formats such as comic books for the youngest target groups to make the destination stand out in their minds and encourage them to become followers and contributors.
- Use images instead of text whenever possible to convey ideas and emotions. Good images catch the readers’ attention and create good expectations of the text. An image is worth a thousand words!
- Tell stories about other destinations so as to be perceived as more authentic in your claims as a values-driven change agent, and ultimately position the destination as genuinely mission driven.
- Organize storytelling training seminars for all kinds of stakeholders. This is a key tactic to leverage the stakeholders’ collective talent and knowledge. Such empowerment is crucial to boost the content creation, and it is also a life-changing experience!
- Create a story database with inspirational content that may help in finding ideas to compose new content pieces. Such database should encompass not only written but also multimedia story formats to help in the digital storytelling production.
What other tactics would you consider?