Beyond the new types of marketing activities related to content and social media, there are always other tactics to take into consideration when intending to communicate a message, create an emotional connection, or convey the brand values. Some of these could be:
- Send creative Press releases providing all the key elements (photos, quotes, links, chronology, etc.) in a different format and tone to make it stand out. PitchEngine.com is a great tool for that.
- Use selective and accurately targeted advertising in social media, selected websites, search engines, industry and special interest magazines, etc. Outbrain, StumbleUpon, and Zemanta may help.
- Develop a mobile application to empower tourists and other stakeholders in connecting with each other, searching and sharing information, viewing and producing content, and booking or buying.
- Show the human side of the organization with images of the employees and partners in some of the communication materials, to foster an emotional connection with your prospect targets.
- Organise press-trips, bloggers’ trips, instagramers’ trips, youtubers’ trips to leverage the readership and reach of these powerful influencers. Beyond the influencers that are engage at the outset, it is convenient to keep on identifying appropriate influencers to reach new target segments.
What other tactics would you consider?