A particular kind of infrastructure for the development of Marketing 3.0 is the social media corporate page or account. This page is the platform where all the content delivered throughout the network can be found, and so it is the face of the brand in the eyes of the brand followers. Such platforms are continuously introducing innovations to provide more value to its users, for they are likely to provide increasing opportunities to interact and gather intelligence about the customers’ behaviors, motivations and desires. The main recommended platforms are:
- Facebook page is to be a key tool for engaging tourists and contributors for its scope and enormous functionalities. You may create many pages for different regions and languages, but also manage all regions from the same page and also targeting each update by language and region. Furthermore, you may use the micro-targeted Facebook Ads which lets you show ads to specific audiences based on location, interests, age, profession, etc.
- Linkedin page is to be one of the main information hubs for corporate stakeholders. In Linkedin it is better to have only one company page for all target audiences. However, you can target each of the shared content updates by geographical area, in a way that only the audience you specify will see the content update in their Linkedin newsfeed. You may also create ads for your target audience just by creating an ad manager account, and then track the results of the marketing campaigns.
- Pinterest page works like a board where the user pins her –most users are women- favorite images and videos found on the internet. These can be liked, commented and shared by friends. Pinterest is turning into an ideal tool for marketing brands, and also an excellent platform for holding contests, though you need to publish the details of the contest on your website or other social channels. It is also convenient for marketing merchandise, showing corporate culture or doing market research.
- Twitter profiles need to be created for every language you want to work with. An effective strategy requires not only quick answers but also continuous tracking of the trending topics in the target region. In this regard, it is possible to run advanced searches so as to monitor the conversation about your brand by language and region. In twitter there are promoted tweets which you can place in the timelines of your target audience, as well as whenever someone searches for its hashtag.
- Google+ page allows users to post and share all kinds of contents to make a very attractive site. It is important to note that whenever someone searches something on Google, the search engine uses information from Google+ pages in the results, including the Google+ users contents posted in their account. Therefore, corporate marketers should take this into account, as having a Google+ account is crucial to improving the brand’s SEO.
- Instagram page allows the brand to create synergies with the Facebook fan page and access an increasing amount of keen photographers who like sharing their pictures in the social media. This platform has one of the most active user communities, and so it is the perfect one to organize photo contests about the destination’s experiences and spots. Further there are leading “instagramers” with a large amount of followers who may be used to draw attention of their loyal audience to the destination.
What other social media platforms do you recommend, and for what purpose?