Beyond the strategies to expand and engage new stakeholders, it is necessary to manage the network members who are already engaged or supposed to be engaged. For such purpose it is convenient to collect the network members’ contact data as soon as possible in the engagement process, either by asking for their email when downloading a piece of content or the mobile number to send information to their cell phone. Once the data is collected, there are many ways to keep them engaged:
- Ask them about their preferred types of content, to send them only what they are interested in. Ask them to update their preferences regularly, also to introduce destination news.
- Ask them about their opinions and assessment about destination content, activities and various issues, encourage them to give suggestions and give them feedback on their ideas.
- Ask them about the frequency and preferred means of communication (email, SMS, etc.)
- Send them Christmas and birthday gifts depending on their contributions or other variables
- Try to identify disengaged individuals and ask them about why they have disengaged
- Give them daily visible gadgets or content materials such as calendars so as to make them keep the destination brand and the mission purpose at their top of mind
Would you consider other tips to keep the network engaged?