To engage new brand ambassadors consider some guidelines for an advocacy strategy:
- Formulate specific goals for the advocacy program
- Maintain transparency to prove integrity
- Develop tools to track and measure success
- Consider that blogs, forums and networks are the most valued information sources
- Asking their opinion from the initial stages and letting them know how valuable their contribution has been builds a sense of ownership and emotional connection.
- The way to cultivate influential advocates is to interact, listen and respond in conversations
- Using customer or stakeholder feedback to improve the destination’s services also strengthens the potential for advocacy as long as you let them know how useful their feedback has been.
- Consider that there are five types of advocates when drafting the advocacy strategy:
- Connectors are active participants in broad social networks
- Communities are groups of people with a common interest
- Mavens are enthusiasts who rate and review products and services in a specific category
- Experts are people with credentials and technical knowledge in a specific field.
- Endorsers are celebrities whose charisma enhances the brand reputation and awareness
Would you consider other guidelines for the advocacy strategy?