Apart from the specific strategies to engage each type of target, consider generic strategies and tactics to foster engagement throughout the whole stakeholder community:
- Polls asking the stakeholders’ opinion, thanking them with some reward, and letting them know how their opinion is useful to improve the destination performance. Further, it is a way to spur discussion.
- Reward top content sharers as well as those who bring in new followers and engage them to register for contests or workshops to become contributors or for volunteering programs.
- Asking about what types of rewards each target appreciates and designing an incentive system considering many kinds of prizes to satisfy all targets, and also to reward all valuable contributions.
- Letting contest participants invite their friends to vote for their content as a way to expand the brand awareness, and the network of followers and potential contributors.
- Building an emotional connection with tourists with the life-changing experiences and showcasing how their contributions have powered the destination towards the mission accomplishment.
- Offering something valuable to users when they leave their personal contact data in the landing page is to further encourage them in registering for certain activities.
Would you consider other tips to engage the stakeholder community?