The last group of stakeholders to be engaged in contribution, content delivery and brand advocacy are the local community members and value-driven communities and individuals. This is the group with the highest potential in terms of dimension and geographical scope, as they encompass all the consumer communities, and value-driven communities led by the creative activists. As explained in the targeting strategy section, they are the main targets to attract as tourists, but to engage them as contributors and brand ambassadors the following tips should be considered:
- Develop many communication tools to convey the kinds of contribution they can make, the rewards and the ultimate purpose of their contribution.
- Train them with storytelling, graphic design and product co-creation workshops to empower them in creating valuable contributions.
- Monitor their conversations in the social media to find out possible mistakes or pain points in the communication strategy or tactics.
- Identify community leaders to focus the communication efforts and prioritize attention and support. Allow them to control the brand integrity by being transparent in all activities.
- Ask them about the prizes or recognition they are motivated by in order to develop an effective incentive system for their contributions.
- Explain to them how to develop their personal brands with their content and build thought leadership to communicate and to be convincing of their visions and ideas.
Would you consider other tips to engage community members and value-driven communities?