Twitter is used by 69% of B2C marketers and 80% of B2B marketers, for it is quite suitable for both professional and non-professional targets. These target audiences could be those to be engaged as followers, contributors, brand ambassadors, volunteers, employees, partners and professional contributors. Twitter may work with many types of contents such as photos, videos, text news, text voting, text stories, etc.
This is the social media used to keep updated with the kinds of news they are interested in, and so it is to be used primarily to deliver all types of news about what is going on in the destination. However, it may be used also for delivering contents to make them go viral, to let people vote in contests, or to answer short polls.
As with all social media platforms, it is convenient to craft a strategy plan explaining the goals we intend to attain through this platform, the targets, the strategies and tactics to achieve these goals, and the metrics to track the performance of the Twitter based activities. When doing this strategy plan, you should consider these tips:
- Tell stories with your tweets, with compelling posts in a consistent tone
- Use hashtags with your tweets to make it simpler for people to find your content. Creating an original hashtag and linking it to a campaign is even better.
- Use twitter as a testing ground, by tweeting your original content and keeping tabs on the pieces of content getting more shares. Use this information to direct your content efforts.
- Create Twitter chats for every event and every issue which may be object of conversation (contests, polls, and discussions on stories, product, mission issues, etc.) and integrate it within the Mobile App.
- Twitter’s paid advertising allows marketers to target their audience by interest or username, tracking who the user is following, talking about, and the keywords being used.
- Use Twitter cards to make your tweets stand out; or promoted tweets, promoted trends and promoted accounts to set your brand in the audience’s top of mind.
- Use it when launching contests to convey the participants’ contributions or votes.
- Create a separate profile for each language in the regions you are targeting.
- Monitor constantly the trending topics in every targeted region.
- Take advantage of Twitter search tool to monitor the conversation about the destination by language and/or region.
To monitor the results of the Twitter accounts you may use some specific tools:
- Twitter analytcs allows us to track the interaction provoked by our tweets and its evolution, like impressions along the last four weeks and published tweets per day; global data on interaction with our followers in a specific period of time, like the interaction rate, clicks in the link, retweets, favorites, and answers. This way we can identify the days when we get the most interaction through our tweets.
- Social Bro allows us to search new users according to a target profile, indicates the best time to tweet and the connected users at every time. It provides information about the followers we gain, the ones we maintain, and the ones we lose.
- Hootsuite monitors keywords used, programs tweet publishing, and facilitates specific data to create analysis reports.
- Twitalyzer is a Twitter-specific tool that measures how influential and far-reaching the company’s Twitter presence is.
Would you consider other target roles, content types or strategy tips?