Beyond the target tourists, the segmentation strategy formulation should also consider other groups and individuals who are not to become tourists necessarily but are also constituents of the marketing strategies, as they are about to play one or many important roles in the destination development. Hereby are explained all the types of roles that may be played by some of these constituents:
- Tourist: occasionally or frequently visiting the destination
- Client: buys merchandise products
- Follower: follows the destination social media sites, shares content and votes in contests
- Contributor: actively participates in bringing ideas and creating content through the open innovation system for non-qualified contributors.
- Professional contributor: cooperates with the destination by bringing in his professional knowledge and skills to the innovation challenges reserved to qualified contributors. Here there should also be consideration for those leaders participating in the executive board.
- Brand ambassador: actively advocates for the brands value proposition in all networks.
- Volunteer: participates in volunteer programs in cooperation with Non-profit organizations.
- Investor: brings in capital needed to financially support the destination platform start-up
- Partners & Sponsors: establish long-term cooperation deals with the destination
- Employee: works full-time, part-time or collaborates as a freelancer
Do you think of any other role that is relevant for the development of the destination?