In the implementation process of a market intelligence system, there are some key success factors that should not be overlooked:
- The support of the direction in the definition of objectives, functions and resource assignment, and the participation of all the departments whose collaboration is needed.
- Training of the potential collaborators and users about the utility and the scope of the MI to foster their capacity of bringing value and a collaborative attitude.
- Design of an incentive system to stimulate the contribution of the collaboration of the people and departments whose inputs are needed: definition of needs, product definition and results feedback.
- Fostering informal relationships to achieve the best possible understanding between the MI and several collaborative departments and users.
- Adequate structure, coordination and delivery process.
- Starting with modest objectives and obtaining visible results.
Would you consider any other key success factors?