Apart from improving the conventional market reports, the market intelligence allows to obtain the following kinds of outputs:
- Internal reports to support strategic and operational planning.
- Segment reports for many markets.
- Newsletter about the evolution of the outbound markets.
- Benchmarking and new trends reports.
- Qualified database with detailed profiles of tour operators and other potential partners
- Qualified database of media, freelance journalists, internet portals, forums, blogs, social networks, segmented by product.
- Ad-hoc reports.
The MI will be used by staff at all levels, from the Managing director to the Product Managers. Moreover, considering that the MI system is to benefit all the regional tourism sector, the outputs may also be delivered to the operators and local tourist boards.
One of the key success factors of a MI system is the rapidness in the delivery of the outputs, as an essential part of the MI value stays in having the intelligence data before your competitors. For that purpose, the system should provide outputs of small dimension (news, articles, summaries) and fast production that allow its fast delivery process to the users.
For the exchange of information and its distribution to the users, there should be a technological platform like an intranet from which the users could download the MI reports.
Do you envision any other kind of research output or format?