Beyond the targeting criteria according to the kind of tourism activities -nature, culture, sports, etc.-, the primary target destinations 3.0 intend to attract and engage is the so called “Creative society”. Creative people are the most expressive and collaborative consumers, and also those who are most active in the social media, thus connecting and influencing many other consumers and becoming a backbone in the local economies. They are trusted and admired within their community, and through their concern and awareness about the social impact of brands, they are to become our best brand ambassadors.
Because of their aim for self-actualization above other needs, and their desire to create and collaborate, they are the ones who are most likely to become engaged with our value proposition and to participate in co-creating experiences and stories for the destination. They are those searching for spiritual fulfillment on top of other motivations, and this is what unlocks the most of their creativity. Furthermore, they are trendsetters and change leaders within their communities. They are the new wave of consumers who move the society towards a more human centered world. They are Tourists 3.0.
In summary, the prototype of the “Tourist 3.0” could be described as someone who:
- Is driven by the aim for contribution to make the world a better place, and for human spirit fulfillment.
- Belongs to communities and social media networks, which are the main and most trusted source of information, and with whom shares knowledge and stories.
- Likes to co-create and collaborate with other consumers in his favorite brands’ marketing activities.
- Is concerned about the impact of tourism on the environment and the local communities.
- Looks for authentic experiences through which he can develop new skills, learn about new realities, cultures, and ways of life, which open his mind and ultimately change or influence his life.
Have you heard of the Creative Society? Do you regard its related trends as futuristic or current?